(Update as of July 4th 2021) As per the directives of the Government of India, The Bison will be operational from the 7th July 2021! We are delighted to be back and your safety is our utmost priority.
It has been a difficult year and our hearts go out to everyone who has been impacted, directly and indirectly, by this pandemic. As we strive towards some semblance of normality, it is vital that we return to a new-normal. The Bison looks forward to this new-normal and it is imperative we emerge from this pandemic as a stronger and wiser entity. Our priority is to safeguard our guests, hotel staff, the forest and the local community.
It is important to note that the Bison is a small eco-friendly camp, situated on the banks of the backwaters. With only 14 rooms, The Bison prides itself on exclusivity and personalisation. We will be re-opening at a reduced occupancy, which means that there will be no more than 20 guests at the resort at any given time. Our low inventory maintains the ethos of an exclusive wildlife camp and strictly limits any crowding. Our rooms are stand-alone cottages, which are fifteen feet apart. With several common areas, (Reception Lounge, Observation Deck Lounge, Campfire Sit-Out, Activity Room & Lounge, Poolside Lounge) there is never any crowding, even while running on full capacity.
Inspite of this, we have implemented several new measures to safeguard all of you and the local community. Please understand that stringiest measures will help create a safe-zone at our small and private camp.
- All staff at Camp are vaccinated (Covishield).
- A negative RT-PCR report, no older than 72 hours, is mandatory for every person checking into Camp from outside Karnataka.
- A signed ‘Bison Covid Protocol Form‘ is compulsory prior to check in. This is done at the time of booking.
- To ensure safety, masks are compulsory. We advise all guests to carry their own Masks (N95) and Sanitisation.
- To ensure safety on safari, masks are compulsory for the entire duration of safari.
- Everyone (guests and staff) have easy access to two Health Stations at Camp with hand-wipes, sanitisation and temperature readers.
- All guests are required to undergo temperature screening at check in and check out. All luggage will require sanitisation.
- All staff members are required to undergo temperature screening every day to ensure a healthy work environment.
- A dedicated team will be specially assigned to cleaning ‘contact areas’ all day. This includes common areas, furniture, walkways & more.
- Safari vehicles will be washed and sanitised daily.
- We will be operating at a reduced capacity.
- Meals at the Dining Area will take place in batches.
- An extra Dining Hall has been added to reduce any crowding around the Buffet.
- Only people with a confirmed Booking Voucher, RT-PCR Test (travelling from out of Karnataka) and Bison Protocol Form will be allowed inside the property.
Last but not least, The Bison and the Buffer Conflict Resolution Trust (founded by The Bison) has immense respect for the locals and indigenous tribes. The safety and wellbeing of the local community is important to us and we would like our prospective guests to understand this. If you are planning to visit us in the near future, please arrive with no flu like symptoms and follow the safety protocols at camp.
Once again, The Bison has always taken pride in being small and exclusive. Our spirit evokes the freedom to explore the unexplored, and for the past thirty years that has formed the ethos of our brand.
Come spend time with us as we re-connect with nature. We are one!