We are all in the midst of an unpredicted situation and at The Bison, your safety is our utmost priority.
In this current climate of uncertainty, I would like to take this time to write to you on behalf of everyone at The Bison.
Our hearts go out to everyone who has been impacted, directly and indirectly, by this pandemic. As we strive towards some semblance of normality, it is vital that we return to a new-normal. We need to come out of this pandemic as a stronger and wiser race, but most importantly, we must raise our standards on how we want to live on this earth.
The Bison is closely monitoring the global situation and we are taking all the precautionary measures, in order to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19. Our priority is not just safeguarding our guests and hotel staff, but also the local community.
It is important to note that the Bison is a small eco-friendly camp, situated on the banks of the backwaters. With only 14 rooms, The Bison can only occupy a maximum of 28 guests a night. Our low inventory helps maintain a camp-like atmosphere and strictly limits crowding. Our rooms are stand-alone cottages, which are fifteen feet apart. With several common areas, (Reception Lounge, Observation Deck Lounge, Campfire Sit-Out, Activity Room & Lounge, Poolside Lounge) there is never any crowding, even while running on full capacity. Inspite of this, we have implemented several new measures:
- Everyone (guests and staff) have easy access to two Health Stations at Camp with hand-wipes, sanitisation and temperature readers.
- All guests are required to undergo temperature screening at check in and check out.
- All staff members are required to undergo temperature screening every day to ensure a healthy work environment.
- A dedicated team will be specially assigned to cleaning common areas all day.
- We will operate at a reduced occupancy for the first three months, before assessing the situation.
- Safaris will operate at a reduced capacity to limit crowding in the vehicle.
- Meals at the Dining Area will take place in two batches which will limit each batch to a total of only 12 guests at any given time.
- We advise all guests to carry their own Masks and Sanitisation. The Camp will also keep emergency stock.
- Other than the staff, only people with confirmed Booking Vouchers will be allowed inside the property.
- Ongoing training is being provided to our staff everyday.
The Bison has always taken pride in being small and exclusive. Our spirit evokes the freedom to explore the unexplored, and for the past thirty years that has formed the ethos of our brand.
We are currently closed till the 3rd of May 2020, as per the directives of the Government of India. We are scheduled to open soon and we can’t wait to welcome you to the Jungle, as we strive towards a better world.