As per the directives of the Government of India, The Bison is operational again from June 8th 2020. As per the directives of the Karnataka Forest Department, Safaris will be operational again from June 8th 2020. We are delighted to be back and your safety is our utmost priority.
It has been a difficult year and our hearts go out to everyone who has been impacted, directly and indirectly, by this pandemic. As we strive towards some semblance of normality, it is vital that we return to a new-normal. The Bison looks forward to this new-normal and it is imperative we emerge from this pandemic as a stronger and wiser entity. Our priority is to safeguard our guests, hotel staff, the forest and the local community.
It is important to note that the Bison is a small eco-friendly camp, situated on the banks of the backwaters. With only 14 rooms, The Bison can only occupy a maximum of 28 guests a night. Our low inventory maintains the ethos of an exclusive Wildlife Camp and strictly limits crowding. Our rooms are stand-alone cottages, which are fifteen feet apart. With several common areas, (Reception Lounge, Observation Deck Lounge, Campfire Sit-Out, Activity Room & Lounge, Poolside Lounge) there is never any crowding, even while running on full capacity. Inspite of this, we have implemented several new measures:
- Everyone (guests and staff) have easy access to two Health Stations at Camp with hand-wipes, sanitisation and temperature readers.
- All guests are required to undergo temperature screening at check in and check out. All luggage will require sanitisation.
- All staff members are required to undergo temperature screening every day to ensure a healthy work environment.
- A dedicated team will be specially assigned to cleaning ‘contact areas’ all day. This includes common areas, furniture, walkways & more.
- Safari vehicles will be washed and sanitised daily.
- We will resume operations at a reduced capacity before assessing the situation.
- Safaris will operate at a reduced capacity to limit crowding in the vehicle.
- Meals at the Dining Area will take place in two batches which will limit each batch to a total of only 12 guests at any given time.
- We advise all guests to carry their own Masks and Sanitisation. The Camp will also keep emergency stock.
- Other than the staff, only people with confirmed Booking Vouchers will be allowed inside the property.
- Ongoing training is being provided to our staff everyday.
- If you are visiting from outside Karnataka, please be sure to abide by the Covid State Laws and provide us with proof of Quarantine or Testing. To know more, please contact us.
Last but not least, it is important to note that the neighbouring villages around the Bison is yet to register a COVID positive case. The area has been and is completely COVID free. The Bison and the Buffer Conflict Resolution Trust (founded by The Bison) has immense respect for the locals and indigenous tribes. Their safety is important to us and we would like our prospective guests to understand this. If you are planning to visit us in the near future, please make sure you are healthy and have no flu like symptoms.
The Bison has always taken pride in being small and exclusive. Our spirit evokes the freedom to explore the unexplored, and for the past thirty years that has formed the ethos of our brand.
Come spend time with us as we re-connect with nature. We are one!